• Wash rice in a bowl, changing water several times until the water appears clear.
• Add 1 cup of water to the rice and pressure cook till you get 4 whistles or until it becomes soft and mushy.
• Once the pressure is released, open the pan & transfer the rice into a large bowl and let it cool. Then add salt, mix well and keep aside.
• To make the tempering, heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds, chana dal, blackgram, cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger and green chillies. Add this immediately to the rice and mix well.
• Then add yogurt, milk and salt - Mix well.
• Garnish with cilantro and cashews and enjoy this south Indian touch!