|Spices and herbs from around the world, ground and carefully blended in Norfolk.|
400 grams - Tin of crushed tomatoes
| ||4 - Green chillies (medium)|| |
| ||1 - Onion (large)|| |
| ||2 - Garlic cloves|| |
| ||4 tbsp - Olive Oil (or cooking oil)|| |
| ||2 tsp - Salt || |
| ||Handful of Fresh Coriander coarsely chopped || |
| ||1 pack Bhaji Man Spiced Dhal Curry Kit|| |
1. Wash the lentils thoroughly.
2. Wash whole green chillies, leave whole.
3. Crush the garlic
4. Slice the onion
5. Coarsely chop the fresh coriander
1. Put 350ml of water into a heavy pan, add Bhajiman Sachet 1, the whole green chillies, the sliced onions and the lentils - bring to the boil (covered) until the lentils are soft and the water has evaporated.
2. Mash the lentils with the back of a spoon and when nearly smooth add the salt and tomatoes and mix well. If necessary, thin the mixture with some hot water.
3. Fry the garlic and Bhajiman Sachet 2 in a separate pan until the garlic is brown and then pour over the lentils and cover.
4. After 5 mins mix well and garnish with the coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
5. Add extra salt if required.
Serve with rice, Bhajiman Lamb Rogan Josh, Bhajiman Chicken Jalfrezi or Bhajiman Chicken Tikka Masala and Bhajiman Bombay Potatoes.