Bottle Gourd Kofta is a North Indian dish. Koftas are nothing but balls of minced vegetables or meat mixed with spices in gravy. Malai Kofta, Lauki Kofta, Lamb Kofta are few of them. Lauki Kofta or Bottle Gourd Kofta is the lightest among the Kofta recipes and makes a tasty combination with Laccha Paratha.
| ||Gram flour- 3tbsp|| |
| ||Garam Masala - ¼ tsp || |
| ||Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Bottle Gourd (Long Dudhi) peeled & grated - 2 cups|| |
| ||Oil for deep frying|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||For Gravy:|| |
| ||Oil - 2tbsp|| |
| ||Onions - 2|| |
| ||Tomatoes - 3|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Ginger grated- 1 inch|| |
| ||Garlic grated - 1 clove|| |
| ||Corainder Powder - ¾ tsp|| |
| ||Red chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Dry Mango Powder - 1 tsp|| |
• Squeeze all the Water from the grated Bottle Gourd and keep it aside.
• Place this Bottle gourd, Gram flour, Red chilli powder, Salt, Turmeric powder in a large plate and mix well.
• Makes small balls and slightly flatten the balls between your palms.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a pan and deep fry these flattened balls to make Koftas.
• Grind together the Onions and Tomatoes to make a smooth paste.
• Heat Oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger-garlic. Saute for a second.
• Then add the ground paste and saute on a low flame till it gives out a nice aroma.
• Add Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Dry Mango Powder and Salt and bring it to boil. If the gravy becomes thick, add little Water.
• Then add the koftas, mix well and cook for a min or two and take it off from heat.