|Tikka: chunks of meat, fish or vegetables marinated in spices and yoghurt, then skewered and cooked in a tandoor, under a grill or on a barbecue.|
|Do you want Chicken Tikka with that unique British Indian Restaurant quality and taste? Then simply follow the instructions below for success every time...|
5 minutes plus marinading.
4 Boneless Chicken Breast Skinned (400/500g)
| || 6 tsp (45g) of Mr Huda's Tikka Paste || |
| || 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil || |
| || 3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt || |
| || Fresh Coriander || |
1. Prick the chicken breasts (both sides) in several places with the tines of a fork and make 3 diagonal slashes on one side of each breast.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl.
3. Add the required amount of Mr Huda's Tikka Paste, oil, yoghurt and some coriander.
4. Mix well in to the chicken (use a disposable glove when mixing to prevent staining your hand).
5. Leave to marinate for at least 6 - 8 hours or overnight in the fridge.
1. When cooking under grill, place on a grill pan (to allow the moisture from the chicken to be kept separate).
2. Baste the chicken with any excess marinade (reserve a little for basting throughout the cooking time).
3. Preheat the grill to high heat, then grill for 15 minutes or until cooked, turning and basting once (try not to over-cook the chicken breasts).
4. Once cooked, garnish with fresh salad, lemon wedges, fresh coriander and serve immediately with mint and tamarind yoghurt sauce.