Crispy Bhindi is a deep fried item and can be eaten as a starter. The cashews and the Peanuts makes it more crunchy. This dish can be served with any summer drinks too!
Okra washed, dried and chopped - 500 gms
| ||Oil for frying|| |
| ||Garlic - 2 pods|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Chana Dal - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Urad Dal - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - ¼ tsp|| |
| || Few strands of Curry Leaves|| |
| ||Peanuts - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Cashews - about 2-3 tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Amchur Powder - ½ tsp|| |
• Deep fry all the chopped Bhindi in the hot Oil on medium heat. Take them out on a paper towel.
• Heat about a table spoon of Oil in a Pan, fry the Cashews and Peanuts and keep them aside.
• Heat Oil in a Pan, make the tempering with Mustard Seeds, Chana Dal, Urad Dal, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida, Curry Leaves and lastly the Garlic Pods. Turn off the heat.
• Add the fried Bhindi, Cashews, and Peanuts. Toss it with some Salt, Red Chilli Powder and Amchoor Powder.
• Adjust the spice level and tanginess according to your choice.
• Crispy Bhindi is ready to be served!