|Net Weight 1.5kg|
Fudco Atta is freshly milled from wheat of the finest quality to ensure good nourishment and unsurpassed flavour. This product is completely free from additives and preservatives. Fudco Atta lives up to its name, REAL FLOUR, and is perfect for making traditional Indian Breads such as Chapattis, Puris and Parathas.
Real Flour for Real Chapattis!
Recipe Suggestions: Chapattis and Puris
How to prepare the dough?
• Place 2-cups of flour in a bowl, add a pinch of Salt (optional) and mix with a teaspoon of cooking oil.
• Add tepid water gradually to the flour and knead it into a soft and elastic dough.
• Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for 10-minutes to allow the dough to rest.
• Mix flour, adding water. Rest the dough until doubled.
• Add desired toppings. Bake until golden brown.
• Divide the dough into golf ball size balls.
• On a floured work surface, roll out the individual balls into thin pancakes.
• Cook on a hot Tava (griddle) or on a heavy based frying pan, turning it over as soon as brown bubbles form.
• Take the Chapatti off the griddle and cook on direct flame on both sides until it puffs up. It is now cooked and be served plain or with a little Butter Ghee applied over one side - a perfect accompaniment to vegetable or meat dishes.
• Cooking time for each Chapatti is about 1-minute.
• For Puris knead a stiff dough and add a teaspoon of Turmeric Powder Salt and Red Chilli to taste. Allow the dough to rest for 10-minutes.
• Divide the dough into equal sized balls approximately half the size of a golf ball.
• Roll out each small ball on a floured surface - each Puri should be approximately 4-inches in diameter.
• Deep fry the Puris in hot oil. Use a perforated frying spoon to carefully press the sides of the Puris to allow them to puff up. Turn over each Puri. Frying time is normally less then 30-seconds.