This is the perfect dish when you want a quick, tasty meal with that 'chilli fix'. This proves that great tasting food does not have to be elaborate or difficult to prepare...
|Raw King Prawns, 750g, shelled and de-veined|| |
| ||Salt, to taste|| |
| ||Fresh Garlic, 3 fat cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed || |
| ||Coconut Oil - 2 tbsps || |
| ||Ground Coriander - 1½ tsp|| |
| ||Ground Turmeric - ½ tsp || |
| ||Chilli Powder - ¼ tsp || |
| ||Salt Hot Green Chillies, 1 - 3, minced, to taste|| |
| ||Fresh Lemon Juice, from half lemon|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander, 4 tbsps chopped || |
• Wash, peel and de-vein the Raw King Prawns, and crush the garlic and chop the fresh chillies and coriander.
• Heat 2 tbsps coconut oil, add the crushed garlic and salt and gently fry until lightly brown.
• Add the chopped green chillies and stir for 10 seconds.
• Add the prawns and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until they begin to turn pink.
• Add the Ground Coriander, Ground Turmeric and Chilli Powder and continue to fry until the prawns are fully cooked, siring all the time.
• Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and fresh coriander and serve.
• Delicious as a starter with crispy lettuce, and slices of red onion and cucumber.
• Even better as a simple supper, with fluffy basmati rice and salad.