Potato and Pea Soup in Indian style is a hot and spicy flavoured Soup. For all those Potato lovers, its a perfect filling Soup for the winter weather.
Oil - 2 tbsp
| ||Potatoes diced - About 200 g|| |
| ||Red Onions chopped - 1|| |
| ||Garlic crushed - 2 Cloves|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Garam Masala - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Coriander Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - 850 ml|| |
| ||Green Peas - 100 g|| |
| ||Natural Yogurt - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Black Pepper powder|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro chopped for garnishing|| |
• Heat Oil in a pan, add the Potatoes, Onion and Garlic. Saute on low heat stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
• Then add the Garam Masala, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder and mix well. Cook for a minute.
• Stir in the Vegetable Stock and Chillies. Bring this mixture to boil and then reduce the heat to low - cover and cook until Potatoes are well done.
• Add the Peas and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the yogurt, sprinkle some Salt and Pepper.
• Pour into warmed Soup bowls and garnish with Coriander Leaves / Cilantro and serve hot with warm bread.