| • Braising|
Use a marinade for meat or poultry, then BBQ, grill or bake.
Add a couple of teaspoons to your stir-fry for a delicious balti flavour.
Use the paste with coconut milk to make a delicious curry sauce.
Recipe for Balti Vegetable Curry
Serves 2-4 as a main course
60g Karimix Balti Curry Paste
½ onion, sliced
1 carrot, cut into strips
50g fine beans
50g baby corn, sliced into halves
60g new potatoes
100g white cabbage
200ml coconut milk
2 tbl vegetable oil
2 tsps soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
• Heat oil in a saucepan until hot.
• Add onions and Karimix Balti Curry Paste and fry for 10 minutes.
• Add baby corn, new potatoes, fine beans & carrots. Stir well.
• Add coconut milk. Stir well and bring to a boil.
• Add cabbage and peas. Stir well and bring to a boil.
• Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
• Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
• Serve with rice and other meat curry dishes.