|Gram Flour (Besan / Chickpea Flour) : Net weight 2kg|
Kohinoor Gram Flour is super fine and has been specially developed for Indian restaurants, caterers and sweet amrts and is ideal for a range of traditional sweets and savouries.
To Make Onion Bhajees:
8oz Gram Flour
1 tbs Rice Flour
1 tbs Sesame Seeds
1 tbs Dhana-Jeera Powder
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/4 tbs Turmeric
1 tbs Salt
2 large Onions cut in half and sliced finely
1 tbs finely chopped Coriander
7 floz Water
Oil for deep frying
1. Sieve the Gram Flour into a large bowl then mix in all the remaining dry ingredients together with the Onion slices and chopped Coriander.
2. Gradually add the Water, mixing thoroughly until a thick batter is formed an the Onions are well coated.
3. Heat Oil to a depth of 2' to 3' in a wok, karahi or deep-fat frying pan over a medium heat. When it is the correct temperature a drop of batter will rise immediately to the surface without turning brown.
4. Drop heated teaspoons of the Onion batter into the fat (take care not to make the bhajees too large otherwise the centre will not cook). Fry a few at a time, turning if necessary, for about 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Repeat until all the bhajees are cooked allowing time for all the oil to reheat each batch.
5. Drain on absorbent paper.