Lentil Chutney is a common dish in Southern States of India. This dish comes in handy when you are left with no veggies in your fridge ;). Its ideally served with hot Rice & Rasam and equally tastes good when eaten with Dosa or Idli yum yum
Chana Dal - ½ Cup
| ||Fresh grated Coconut - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Dried Red Chillies - 6 to 7|| |
| ||Tamarind paste - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1tsp|| |
| ||Urad Dal - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Curry Leaves - 4 to 5|| |
| ||Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
• Dry roast Channa dal and Red chillies till the lentils are golden brown in colour.
• After it cools down grind this coarsely in a mixer.
• To this add Coconut, Tamarind paste and Salt and grind it to a coarse paste (add little Water while grinding).
• For the tempering, heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter.
• Next add Urad dal, Curry Leaves and Asafoetida. Take off from the heat and season this over the Chutney.
• Mix well and serve the Chutney!