Pav Bhaji is a famous chaat item in India typically served on the streets but also available in the Restaurants. Pav is nothing but soft Buns and Bhaji is spicy Vegetable Curry.
Potatoes peeled and cubed - 3
| ||Cauliflower chopped - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Green Beans chopped - ½ Cup || |
| ||Green Peas fresh or frozen - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Carrots chopped - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Oil - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Butter - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic grated - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Tomatoes chopped - 3|
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Salt - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 1tbsp|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) for garnishing|| |
| ||White soft buns or Pav - 6|| |
• Place all the Vegetables in a pan and add just enough Water to cover the Vegetables and cook(around 2 Cups).
• After all the Vegetables are tender, drain the excess Water and slightly mash the Vegetables and keep it aside.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Green Chillies, Ginger, Garlic and fry for few seconds.
• Then add Onions and saute for about a min
• Add Tomatoes, Red Chilli Powder, Pav Bhaji Masala and Turmeric. Mix well.
• Add the mashed Vegetables, Salt and mix well. Add some Water to adjust the consistency.
• Garnish with Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) and Lemon Juice. Bhaji is ready.
• Next cut the Buns into half and toast them with some Butter on a hot skillet till they are golden brown.
• Serve these toasted Buns with hot Bhaji. Generally Bhaji is topped with some finely chopped raw Onions and a piece of Lemon.