Poha is nothing but flattened rice. These flat flakes puff up when soaked in any liquids like Water or Milk. This flattened Rice can be used to make any sweet dish or a tea time snack. This lightly seasoned variety is a quick and convenient breakfast item!
Beaten Rice (Pawa/Powa/Poha) - 2 cups
| ||Potatoes chopped - 1|| |
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)- 1 tsp|| |
| ||Black Gram (Urid Dal) - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Curry leaves - 5 or 6|| |
| ||Peanuts - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||½ of a lime juice|| |
| ||Chopped Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) for garnishing|| |
• Soak the beaten Rice in Water till it becomes soft but not mushy, say about 5-7 min. Wash and drain all the Water.
• Add some Salt and Turmeric powder and keep this aside.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and wait for it to sputter. Next add Black Gram, Asafoetida, Curry Leaves, Green Chillies and Peanuts and fry until they crackle.
• Then add Potatoes, Sauté for few minutes. Then add Onions and fry till they are cooked.
• Then add Poha and Cilantro and stir. Keep this on low flame for 5 minutes.
• Let it cool for some time and then add Lime Juice and serve.