Pleasant mild chilli heat combined with beautiful hand made pasta and prawn loveliness...
Large Eggs - 2
| ||"00" Grade Flour, sieved - 200g|| |
| ||Sea Salt - pinch|| |
| ||Semolina - ¼ cup|| |
| ||Olive Oil - 1 tsp|| |
| ||King Prawns - 225g|| |
| ||Fresh Mango, peeled - 100 g|| |
| ||Peperoncino Pesto - 2 tbsps|| |
| ||Ground Black Pepper - to taste|| |
| ||Haitian Sensation Chilli Sauce - 2 tbsps|| |
• In a food processor combine the eggs, flour, salt and oil. Pulse until it forms a solid ball but do not allow to warm by over pulsing.
• Knead the pasta for about 10 minutes until there are no lumps or bits of flour in the dough. Wrap in clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
• Meanwhile, blend the king prawns, mango, Haitian Sensation Chilli Sauce and seasoning into a thick paste.
• Using a pasta machine, roll out the pasta dough in to a long sheet and cut in half. Sprinkle the work surface withe semolina to prevent the pasta sticking and place the rolled out pasta sheets on top.
• Use a pasta cutter / chef's ring to mark circles of pasta, and place the filling on top. Cover with another circle of pasta and press the edges to seal well.
• Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and cook the ravioloi one by one, keeping a rolling boil. Once the pasta floats to the top of the pan, it is cooked.
• Serve the Ravioli drizzled with peperoncino pesto and parmesan cheese.