Chutney is a term used for a Spicy side dish preparation. This particular Raw Mango Chutney is a combination of spice and tanginess. It can be eaten with Rice or just as an accompaniment with Dosa, Adai etc. Now with Summer, its the right time for fresh Mangoes in the market and right time to prepare these yummy Chutneys and store them for rest of the year!
Raw Mangoes grated - 2 Cups
| || Dried Red Chillies - 5 or 6 (adjust accordingly)|| |
| ||Fenugreek Seeds - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Jaggery - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| || Few Curry Leaves|| |
| || Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tbsp|| |
• Heat a teaspoon of Oil and roast Dried Red Chillies and Fenugreek separately.
• Blend together the Raw Mango, Jaggery, Salt, Dried Red Chillies and Fenugreek Seeds. Adjust the Jaggery more or less according to your choice of tanginess.
• Heat the remaining Oil in a pan. Add the Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter.
• Next add Asafoetida and Curry Leaves. Lastly add the Turmeric and to this add the Chutney and mix well.
• Fry for about 2-3 mins and then take off from the heat.
• Once cooled, this Chutney can be stored in air tight container for about 3 Weeks.
Note: Remember to use a clean dry spoon everytime you scoop the Chutney to keep the Chutney fresh and good.