There are varities of Rice available in India. Basmati Rice is one among the commonly known variety. The fragrance and the texture of Basmati Rice makes it distinct from others. Rice can be served as plain rice or with some colourful Indian spices. Generally Plain Basmati Rice is served with Dal, Curries or any gravy based dish.
2 to 3
Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
| || Water - 2 Cups|| |
| || Salt - ½ tsp|| |
| || Oil - 1 tsp|| |
• Wash Rice in tap Water, changing the Water several times till the Water appears clear.
• Soak the Rice for at least 15 minutes prior to cooking. This makes the Rice fluffy.
• Drain the Rice and place this along with Water, Oil, Salt in a pan. Bring it boil and then reduce the heat to low.
• Cover and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the Rice is tender.
• Turn off the heat and mix the Rice with a fork.
• Basmati Rice is ready to be served with the Curry of your choice!