Tamarind Chutney also known as Sweet Chutney or Meetha is a famous condiment used in Indian Chat items. This particular sweet and sour Chutney enhances the flavour of the dish. This along with some Green Chutney is drizzled over the Chat items like Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Samosas, Pakoras etc.
Tamarind deseeded - 1 Cup
| ||Sugar - 2½ Cups|| |
| ||Boiling Water - 2 Cups|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds roasted and powdered - 1½ tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Pepper Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Ginger Powder - ½ tsp|| |
1. Soak the Tamarind in hot boiling Water for about 1 hour.
2. Next mash the Tamarind with a Potato masher and strain it to get the Tamarind pulp.
3. Add the Sugar to this pulp and mix well.
4. Next add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Tamarind Chutney or Sweet Chutney is ready. This can be refrigerated for two months and used as and when required.