Click to Enlarge
Sarson Ka Saag is a traditional Punjabi dish. Sarson is nothing but Mustard leaves so Sarson Ka Saag is a curry made with Mustard leaves and some spices. Typically Sarson Ka Saag and Makki di Roti (corn bread) is eaten during winters!
Fresh Mustard Leaves (Sarson) chopped - 5 bunches
| ||Spinach chopped - 1 bunch|| |
| ||Bathua chopped - 1 bunch|| |
| ||Olive Oil - 5 tbsp|| |
| ||Ginger sliced - 1 inch piece|| |
| ||Garlic sliced - about 6 cloves|| |
| ||Onions sliced - 2|| |
| ||Green Chillies - 4|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Cornmeal - 2 tbsp|| |
• Heat three tablespoons of Oil in a pan, add the Ginger, Garlic and Onions and saute for few minutes.
• Then add all the leafy veggies and mix well.
• Break the Green Chillies and add to the pan.
• Add Salt to taste, mix well and cook until the greens are soft.
• Now dissolve the Cornmeal in little Water and add this to the pan and mix well. Continue to cook until the greens are done.
• Let this cool and grind into a coarse paste.
• Transfer this into a pan and add the remaining Olive Oil and cook further for 3 - 5 minutes on low heat.
• Serve hot with any bread of your choice!