'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Jamaican Jerk Chicken Kit contains Ground All Spice, Chilli Powder, Thyme, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Nutmeg.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
Chicken - 12 Wings or 8 drumsticks or 8 thigh fillets
1 Onion (small)
5 Spring Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1' piece Ginger
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1. Roughly chop the onion, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Place into a blender.
2. Grate the rind of half the lime and squeeze all the juice of the lime into the blender.
3. Add the jerk marinade Sachet with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp cooking oil.
4. Blend all the ingredients together until the mixture turns into a paste.
5. Skin and wash the chicken and score each piece several times.
6. Place in a bowl, add the paste and mix thoroughly until all the chicken is fully coated.
7. Leave to marinate for 30 mins.
Cooking the dish
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 7 or 220ºC.
2. Place the chicken on a foil covered baking tray and cook in the oven for 35 mins approximately turning occasionally.
3. Once cooked season to taste and serve with salad and rice.
Tip: Try cooking on a barbecue for 35 mins turning occasionally.
Serve with... This Jamaican classic is best served with salad and rice. It's claimed the best place to eat Jerk Chicken is in Port Antonio, Jamaica, where it was first made. We think it will taste just as good around your kitchen table!