Cauliflower & Broccoli make a good combination from ages. Generally it is cooked in a creamy white sauce or parmesan cheese. Here is an Indianised version of these vegetables - this is a quick way to enjoy these nourishing vegetables in a tasty way!
Cauliflower Florets - 1 cup
| ||Broccoli Florets - 1 cup|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - a pinch|| |
| ||Tomatoes - 2 medium sized|| |
| ||Onion - 1|| |
| ||Cloves - 2|| |
| ||Green Cardamom - 1|| |
| ||Kashmiri Mirch (red chilli powder) - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Coriander powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
• Firstly blanch the Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets. (This water can be saved & used while grinding and some can also be used to adjust the consistency of the curry).
• Then grind the Tomatoes, Onion, Cloves, and Cardamom to a fine paste (add few spoons of Water if required)
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin Seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add Ginger, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida and the ground paste.
• Add Salt, Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri Chilli Powder) and Coriander Powder, mix well and fry till Oil separates from the mixture.
• Lastly combine Cauliflower and Broccoli Florets, mix until its coated well and cook for a minute or two.
• Spicy Cauliflower & Broccoli is ready to be served with Chapattis or any other bread.