For those of us on a Wheat Free Diet - this Spinach Tomato Loaf hits the spot every time...
Adapted from a recipe by Gurpareet Bains:
Coarse Cornmeal - 160g
| ||Eggs, 3|| |
| ||Coconut Milk - 350ml|| |
| ||White Onion, 1 finely chopped|| |
| ||Coconut Oil - 3 tbsps || |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Ground Black Pepper - ½ tsp || |
| ||Chilli Powder - ½ tsp || |
| ||Salt - to taste|| |
| ||Cherry Tomatoes, halved x 12 || |
| ||Chopped Spinach - 100g || |
| ||Fresh Green Chillies, 2-4 finely chopped || |
| ||Fresh Coriander, 4 tbsps chopped || |
• Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 7 / 220c.
• Line 2 loaf tins with foil, and lightly grease with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and Coconut Milk, stir in the Cornmeal and set aside.
• Dry fry the Cumin Seeds over a high heat in a large pan until they brown, stirring/shaking continuously.
• Turn down the heat, add the coconut oil, Ground Black Pepper and Chilli Powder and stir for 30 seconds.
• Add the chopped Onion, and cook until soft and translucent.
• Add the tomatoes, Fresh Green Chillies and chopped Spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
• Add the chopped Coriander. Then combine the cornmeal mixture with the tomato spinach mix.
• Stir the mixture well and divide between the 2 loaf tins.
• Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until set.
• Allow to cool for about 15 minutes then serve warm.
• Also delicious cut in to slices and lightly grilled.