Thai Fried Rice with Pineapple is a classic vegetarian Thai recipe which can be easily prepared at home. The main ingredient Thai Jasmine Rice enhances the flavour of this fried Rice and is more distinct than normal fried rice. A mixture of sweet and spicy ingredients in this dish brings out a nice aroma. Serve this tantalising dish along with some fresh salad for lunch to impress your friends!
Pineapple - 1 (or 1 small can Pineapple Chunks, drained)
| || Cooked Thai Rice - 3 cups|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Oil - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Shallots thinly sliced - 2|| |
| ||Garlic finely chopped - 3|| |
| ||Green Chillies slit - 1|| |
| ||Egg - 1|| |
| ||Frozen Green Peas - ½ cup|| |
| ||Carrot grated - ¼ cup|| |
| ||Raisins - ¼ cup|| |
| ||Cashews - ½ cup|| |
| ||Spring Onions sliced - 3|| |
| ||Cilantro (Coriander Leaf) finely chopped for garnishing|| |
| ||Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Thai Curry Powder - 2tsp|| |
• Mix 1 tbsp of Oil with Rice, make sure that there are no chunks and set aside. In a small bowl, mix Soya Sauce along with Curry Powder.
• Next heat Oil in a pan on medium heat, add Shallots, Garlic and Chilli and stir fry for a minute.
• Break Egg into the pan and stir quickly like making scrambled Eggs.
• Next add Carrot, Peas and Cashews and further stir fry for a minute (add some Stock at this point if pan becomes dry).
• Next add the Rice, Pineapple Chunks and Raisins and mix well. Pour the Soya Sauce + Curry Powder mixture and sprinkle some Salt; gently stir on medium heat till you hear the popping sounds of Rice.
• Take off the heat and garnish with Spring Onions and Cilantro.
Note: Non vegetarians can replace Soy Sauce with Fish Sauce...