Tomato Soup is the easiest and the most common starters preferred by everyone. The main ingredient used here is the well ripened Tomatoes. The more juicy and ripened Tomatoes the more colourful and yummy Soup. This can be served as chunks/puree or even hot/cold depending on ones choice!
Tomatoes - 500 gms
| || Onion chopped - 1|| |
| || Carrot chopped - 1 small|| |
| || Celery stick chopped - 1|| |
| || Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| || Sugar - 1 tsp|| |
| || Bay Leaves - 2|| |
| || Hot Vegetable Stock - about 1l|| |
| || Salt - 1 tsp|| |
| || Black Pepper Powder - ½ tsp|| |
• Wash Tomatoes and take off the green bits and quarter them.
• Heat Oil in a heavy bottom pan, add Onions, Carrot and Celery and mix. Cook until tender on low heat.
• Then add Tomatoes and mix. Add the Sugar and some Black Pepper powder.
• Next add Bay Leaves, mix well and cover and cook on low heat for about 10min.
• Slowly add the Vegetable Stock while stirring continuously. Bring this mixture to boil and cook gently for about 20min.
• When the Tomatoes become tender, take the mixture off the heat and discard the Bay Leaves and blend the mixture into a fine puree.
• Pour this in a bowl and serve hot with some Bread.