Vegetable Biryani is a spicy rice item with a combination of Vegetables and Indian spices. This is actually a Mughlai dish but has gained popularity in Indian Cuisine. This can be served as a main dish with any gravy or Raita.
4 - 6
Oil - 2 Tbsp
| ||Ginger grated - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Cauliflower broken into florets - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Potatoes peeled and cubed - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Green Peas - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Carrots chopped - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Onions sliced - 1|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - 1 Litre|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Curry Paste - 3 Tbsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Few Saffron strands || |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp|| |
| ||Basmati Rice - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves / Cilantro chopped for garnishing|| |
| ||Cashews broken into pieces and fried - 2 Tbsp|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 2 Tbsp|| |
• Pre heat the Oven to 200C. Pour the Oil in a oven proof dish and keep in the Oven for few minutes to heat it up.
• Then add all the Vegetables and mix well.
• Next add the Salt and mix again. Keep this back in the Oven for about 15 minutes.
• While this is cooking, mix together the stock, Curry Paste, Green Chillies, Saffron and Mustard Seeds.
• Now mix the Rice and the stock mixture with the Vegetables in the Oven and cover the dish with a foil tightly. Now reduced the heat to 190C.
• Place the prepared dish back into the Oven and further cook for about 30 minutes or till the Rice is tender.
• Once done stir in the Lemon Juice and Cashewnuts.
• Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve the hot with Raita and Poppadums.