Pakora is a common name used for Fritters in Hindi. Fritters made with any firm Vegetable is known as Vegetable Pakora - this can be Potatoes, Peppers, Cauliflower, Zuchini, Cabbage, Eggplant etc. This is a spicy dish and makes a perfect combination with Indian Tea on a wet weather.
Vegetable Pakoras can be made in advance and when ready to eat just spread them on a cooking sheet and heat in Oven at 300 deg.
Gram Flour - 1 Cup
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Rice Flour - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves/Cilantro chopped - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Pinch Of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Water - ¾ Cup|| |
| ||Potato thinly sliced - 1|| |
| ||Cauliflower thinly sliced - 8|| |
| ||Peppers cubes - 8|| |
• First mix all the dry ingredients i.e Gram Flour, Rice Flour, Coriander Powder, Cumin Seeds, Salt, Turmeric Powder and Asafoetida.
• Add little Water at a time and mix to make a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should be like a Pancake batter.
• Then add Green Chillies and Cilantro and mix well.
• Heat Oil in a Pan on medium high heat.
• Dip the Vegetable slices one at a time in the ready batter and slowly drop them in the frying Pan.
• Fry them on both the sides till golden brown.
• These Pakoras will take around 4 min to cook. Repeat the above steps with rest of the Vegetable slices.
• Crispy Vegetable Pakoras are ready to be served.