Bhaji is a generic term used for a side dish in Hindi. This particular one is Alu Bhaji (Potato Curry) commonly eaten with Puri. Puri-Bhaji is an excellent combo as a breakfast or as a brunch. And this dish can be found in an Indian Meal on any special occasions like weddings, festivals, party, a family gathering etc
Potatoes - 3
| ||Onions finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp || |
| ||Green chillies finely chopped - 3|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Water - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) finely chopped for garnishing|| |
| ||Lemon juice - 1 tsp|| |
• Wash and peel the Potatoes. Pressure cook them and after it cools slightly mash them.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add Cumin Seeds, Ginger, Green Chillies and Turmeric Powder. Fry for a minute.
• Then add Onions and saute till translucent. Add boiled Potatoes and Salt.
• Add the Water. Mix well and cook on low heat for about 10min.
• Take off the heat to garnish with Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) and a dash of Lemon Juice.
• Bhaji is ready to be served with hot Puris and some spicy Pickles!