When British Asparagus is in season it is fresh and full of flavour. Best way to retain its nutrients is just steam it butter it and enjoy it!
Asparagus - About 15 stalks trimmed to 8 inches
| ||Butter melted - About ½ Cup|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Black Pepper to taste|| |
• First check if the base of the Asparagus stalk is thick then peel them with a Potato peeler.
• Place this in a wire basket.
• Then take some Salted Water in a large saucepan and bring it to boil.
• Keep the Asparagus stalks in this boiling Water and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
• Take care not to overcook the Asparagus.
• Drain the Asparagus and serve on a plate with Butter poured over it.
• Top this warm dish with some Salt and Pepper.