Babycorn Masala is a mouthwatering spicy preparation. Babycorn is cooked in Tomato gravy with combination of spices. This delectable semi liquid dish is generally eaten with Roti or Naan but tastes good with Basmati Rice also.
Babycorn chopped - 200gms
| ||Oil - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1 Cup|| |
| || A pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Garlic grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped or crushed to paste - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Tomato Puree - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Coriander Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| || Cream - 1tbsp|| |
| || Coconut paste - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Garam Masala - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves/Cilantro finely chopped for garnishing|| |
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida and fry for few seconds.
• Then add Ginger and Garlic paste, Green Chillies and fry for few more seconds.
• Next add Onions and fry till translucent.
• To this add the Tomato Puree, Coriander Powder, Cream, Coconut paste, Garam Masala, Chilli Powder, Salt and Babycorn. Add some Water and mix well.
• Cook on low flame till the Babycorn is cooked.
• Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves/Cilantro and serve hot!