Babycorn with Dal is nothing but crunchy mixed Veggies with Red Lentils. This is a curry with minimal spices so can be served to kids as well.
Red split Lentils - 250 g
| ||Oil - 2 Tbsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Coriander Powder - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Pinch of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Green Chillies slit and chopped - 1|| |
| ||Green Beans chopped, blanched and drained - 100 g|| |
| ||Green Pepper chopped - 1|| |
| ||Babycorn sliced diagonally - 100 g|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - 150 ml|| |
| ||Tomatoes chopped - 2|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro chopped for garnishing|| |
• Wash Lentils several times in cold Water until the Water appears to be clear.
• Place this in a saucepan and cover with cold Water.
• Bring it to boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook until tender.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a pan, add the spices and Chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
• Then add the Beans, Green Pepper and Babycorn and mix well.
• Stir in the Stock and bring it to boil. Then reduce the heat to low and cook until the Vegetables are just tender.
• Now stir these Vegetables into the cooked Lentils with Tomatoes and mix well.
• Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve hot.