Very easy to create and sumptuous to eat. The sharp Peppy Piccalilli contrasts beautifully with the rabbit...
Rabbit Legs - 2
| ||Streaky Bacon Slices - 8|| |
| ||Lemon Zest - ½|| |
| ||Softened Butter - 50 g|| |
| ||Fresh Parsley, finely chopped - ½ cup|| |
| ||Fresh Tarragon, finley chopped - ½ cup|| |
| ||Garlic, finely chopped - 2 cloves|| |
| ||Price's Spices Peppy Piccalilli- 6 tbsps|| |
• Mash the butter with the herbs, garlic and lemon zest, roll into two logs then chill. This can be done up to a day in advance.
• Use a small sturdy knife to scrape the meat away from the thigh bone part of the rabbit leg. Try and create a pocket around the bone rather than cutting into the actual meat. When you get to the joint, cut or snap the bone away.
• Stuff the cavity of each rabbit leg with a log of butter. Wrap the slices of bacon around each leg so that they join underneath. You can prepare the rabbit and leave it in the fridge overnight.
• Heat oven to 210°C. Place the rabbit in a shallow roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes, then allow to rest for 5 minutes.
• Divide the Peppy Piccalilli between two plates and place the rabbit legs on top. Serve immediately.