Water, Coconut (25%), Stabiliser: E466
Made from a blend of pressed, fresh coconut kernel and water.
Blue Dragon Coconut Milk is made from carefully selected ripe coconuts. Once the husk, coconut water and shell have been removed, the kernel is pressed to extract a creamy liquid and blended with the water. This creamy liquid is known in South East Asia as Coconut Milk. Coconut Milk is the mainstay of Thai, Indian and Caribbean cooking and can be used to add a mild, coconut flavour to soups, curries and desserts.
Thai Green Curry with prawns
1 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
250g Cooked Tiger Prawns
1 Green pepper, sliced
400ml Blue Dragon Coconut Milk Light
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
Fresh Coriander, chopped
1 tbsp Palm Sugar
For a vegetarian alternative replace the prawns with 250g of chopped fresh vegetables, such as red peppers, baby corn, mange tout and sweet potatoes.
1. Stir fry the Green Curry Paste in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, for 2-minutes
2. Add 1/2 the contents of the Coconut Milk, Palm Sugar and Fish Sauce and simmer for 5-minutes
3. Add the remaining Coconut Milk, Pepper and Lime Juice.
4. Stir well and simmer for 5-minutes
5. Add the Prawns and cook for a further 2-minutes to heat through
6. Sprinkle with chopped Coriander and serve on a bed of Jasmine rice
For delicious coconut infused rice combine 235ml coconut milk, 150ml water, a pinch of salt and sugar with 160g Thai Jasmine Rice. Gently bring to the boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is just cooked.
Product of Thailand.
If there are any allergens in the ingredients they are marked as bold.