|Chopped potatoes tossed with onion, red pepper with a touch of spice. Light and delicious, and easy to prepare, can be served as a side dish or as a quick snack. Slap it up with a chapatti, tortilla wrap or even a Nan it's truly sensational.|
This dish is best cooked in a stir fry pan (non-stick if available) accompanied with a lid.
4 Medium Potatoes (600-700g) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
| || 2 Medium Onions (finely chopped) || |
| || 1/2 Small Red Pepper (finely chopped) || |
| || 1 Tomato (finely chopped) || |
| || 2 Bay Leaves cut in 1/2's || |
| || 2 Pinch of 'Nigella Seeds' (Onion Seeds) || |
| || 1 tsp Turmeric || |
| || 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder || |
| || 4 tsp (30g) Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste|| |
| || 7 tbsp Veg/Olive Oil || |
| || Fresh Coriander || |
1. Par boil the potatoes with salt and 1/2 tsp of turmeric. Once this is done drain water and leave.
1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) with the bay leaves in he pan.
2. Add the chopped onions, pepper and the tomato with some salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
3. Add the Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, chilli powder, onion seeds and the rest of the turmeric and cook for 1-2 mins (stirring regularly).
4. Add the potatoes, stir and then leave to gently simmer (covered) and stirring occasionally for 20-30 mins or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
5. Once cooking is nearly over sprinkle some coriander,stir and leave covered.
TIPS: If you require this dish to be a little spicier simply add some sliced green chillis with the onions and a little more curry paste.