Kumar's Bumbu Bali: a Balinese Bumbu with a fresh, sweet and spicy flavour. The dish contains generous amounts of Soy Sauce, Leeks, Galangal and Chilli. Delicious combined with White Fish or Chicken, or simply with Vegetables such as French beans.
Medium/Hot - Indonesia
500g Chicken Breast or firm White Fish
| ||Kumar's Bumbu Bali Sauce|| |
| ||Vegetables with Chicken: 700g French Beans OR Vegetables with Fish: 700g Beansprouts or bag of Oriental stir-fry vegetables|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Clove - 1 (crushed)|| |
| ||Salt and Pepper|| |
| ||Rice - 200g|| |
• Cook the Rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Trim and halve the French beans. Cut the Meat or Fish into 2cm cubes.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the Meat on all sides over a high heat for about 1½ minutes. Now add the pot of Bumbu Bali. Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the Meat is tender.
• While the Meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Serve the vegetables, rice, and Bumbu Bali separately.
Delicious with Naan Bread, Mango Chutney, Lime Pickle and Poppadoms.