Carrot Halwa or Gajar Ka Halwa is a famous North Indian dessert. It is made mainly with Carrots and full fat milk. This can be prepared and refrigerated up to a week thus comes in handy. Indulge in this nutritious dessert hot or cold ;)!
Carrot grated - 2 Cups
| ||Milk - 2 Cups|| |
| ||Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Sugar - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Roasted Nuts for garnishing|| |
• Boil the Milk in a thick bottomed Pan on medium heat till it reduces to half the quantity i.e 1 Cup.
• Melt the Butter in a Pan, add the Carrots to this and stir fry till the Carrots are tender and slightly changed in colour. This might take about 8-10 minutes.
• Next add Milk and mix well and cook till all the Milk is dried.
• Add Sugar and stir fry for few minutes till Halwa starts to leave the sides of the Pan. Then add Cardamom Powder and mix well.
• Lastly garnish with the chopped Nuts and serve!