Chai or Indian Tea is nothing but brewed Black Tea with some Spices and Milk. This is the traditional recipe for Indian Tea. But the Spices and Milk proportions can always be altered to suit ones taste.
Water - 2½ Cups
| ||Milk - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Black Tea bags - 3|| |
| ||Cardamom crushed - 3|| |
| ||Black Peppercorns crushed - 2|| |
| ||Cinnamon Stick - ½ inch|| |
| ||Ginger Powder or Fresh Ginger crushed - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Cloves - 2|| |
| ||Sugar to taste|| |
• Place the Water in a saucepan on medium heat and bring it to boil.
• Once the Water starts boiling, add the Cardamom, Crushed Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon Sticks, Ginger and Cloves.
• Next simmer for 2 minutes.
• Then add the Milk and Sugar.
• Add the Tea Bags and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Then strain and serve immediately.