Kumar's Chettinad Chicken: An aromatic curry from southern India with cardamom, fresh coriander and roasted coconut. Good combined with chicken, but also delicious with lamb.
Medium/Hot - India
500g Chicken Breast
| ||Kumar's Chettinad Chicken Sauce|| |
| ||200g pepper|| |
| ||500g chopped Green Cabbage (or bag of ready-to-cook, stir-fry Vegetables)|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Clove - 1 (crushed)|| |
| ||Salt and Pepper|| |
| ||Rice - 200g|| |
• Cook the Rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Slice the Vegetables into strips 1½ cm wide and cut the Meat into 2cm cubes.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the Meat on all sides over a high heat for about 1½ minutes. Now add the pot of Butter Chicken sauce. Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the Meat is tender.
• While the Meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Serve the vegetables, rice, and Chettinad Chicken separately.