Creamy Chick Peas coated in a rich, spicy tomato masala sauce...
800g canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
| ||1 Onion chopped|| |
| ||1 tbsp Coconut Oil|| |
| ||1 tin Chopped Tomatoes|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||1 tsp Ground Turmeric|| |
| ||1 tsp Garam Masala|| |
| ||1 tsp Ground Coriander|| |
| ||1 tsp Ground Cumin|| |
| ||Garlic - 2 tsp crushed|| |
| ||Ginger - 1 tsp chopped|| |
| ||Green Chillies - 1 tsp chopped|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - handful|| |
• Heat the Coconut Oil in a pan, add the Onions and cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
• Now make the spicy tomato masala sauce. Add the Chopped Tomatoes, Salt, if using, Ground Turmeric, Garam Masala, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Chillies, Garlic, Gingerand stir.
• Simmer for 5 -10 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until the masala sauce 'splits' and oil appears on the surface.
• Gently stir in the Chickpeas and add boiling water until the masala sauce is your desired consistency.
• Then cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the Chick Peas are warmed through.
• Add the Fresh Coriander and serve hot.