1st Stage (Puree):
1. Cut 1 onion into 1/4's, cut 3 tomatoes into 1/4's, chop the green pepper, ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, 2 green chillies and the ground coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around 200/ 250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15-20 mins) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
2nd Stage (Curry):
1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cardamom and the bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
3. Add rest of the onions (finely sliced) with salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
4. Add Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, chilli powder and the rest of the chopped tomatoes cook for 1-2 mins (stirring continuously).
5. Add the ready blended puree and cook for around 3-4 mins (covered and stirring occasionally).
6. Add the Chicken with a cup warm water (around 200-250 ml) and on full heat bring to boil and then cook for around 3-4 mins (covered and stirring occasionally).
7. Back to moderate / low heat, leave to simmer for 45-minutes to 1 hour (stirring occasionally) or until the required moisture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
8. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped coriander and leave the curry to settle for 15-20 mins before serving.
Chef's top tips: