Cook traditional Gujarati style chicken curry at home with this carefully blended spice mix...
500g Chicken Breast, cubed
| ||1 Onion, chopped|| |
| ||Sunflower/Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Garlic - 1½ tsp crushed|| |
| ||Pinch of Ginger - 1 tsp chopped|| |
| ||Green Chillies - 1 tsp chopped|| |
| ||Tinned/Chopped Tomatoes - 225g|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander - handful|| |
| ||Curry Cuisine - Chicken Masala - 1 pack|| |
• Place Oil in a pan and heat, add the Cloves and Cinnamon pack from the Curry Cuisine - Chicken Masala pack, and wait until they sizzle.
• Add the Onions and cook until golden, on a medium heat.
• Add the chopped Tomatoes, Spice mix from the Curry Cuisine - Chicken Masala pack, Garlic, Ginger and Green Chillies. Stir. For a hotter dish, add more Green Chillies.
• Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. The Masala will be ready when the Oil separates and appears on the surface.
• Add the Chicken to the Masala and stir. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or so until the Meat is seared and the Masala is mixed well with the Meat.
• If the Sauce is too thick, add some hot Water. Add the Fresh Coriander. Continue cooking until the Meat is cooked.
Serve with boiled Basmati Rice, Naan Bread or Chapattis.