A great tagine made with chicken and added flavour and spice from Keralan Lemon Pickle...
Olive Oil - 3 tbsps
| ||Chicken Pieces - 8|| |
| ||Onions, roughly chopped - 2|| |
| ||Fresh Garlic, finely chopped - 3 cloves|| |
| ||Ground Cumin - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cassia Bark - 1 piece|| |
| ||Saffron Threads, soaked in 1 tbsp milk - 20|| |
| ||Chicken Stock - 300 ml|| |
| ||Green Olives - 100 g|| |
| ||Flatleaf Parsley, roughly chopped - ¼ cup|| |
| ||Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped - ½ cup|| |
| ||Keralan Lemon Pickle - 4 tbsps|| |
• Soak the saffron in the warm milk.
• In a tagine or heavy-bottomed pan, heat the olive oil and fry the onions until soft. Add the cumin, cassia bark and garlic and fry gently for 2 minutes.
• Place the chicken pieces in to the tagine and stir to coat the chicken. Add the Keralan Lemon Pickle and the saffron in milk, plus the chicken stock and bring to a simmer before lowering the heat, covering and cooking for 50 minutes.
• Add the green olives and cook for a further 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the chopped herbs.
• Serve hot with fluffy cous-cous, flat breads or bulgar wheat.