|Do you want Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi with that unique British Indian Restaurant quality and taste? Then simply follow the instructions below for success every time...|
This dish has been prepared with cooked chicken tikka which has to be left in marination and then cooked prior to cooking this dish using Mr Huda's tikka paste.
This dish is a fairly spicy dish cooked using fresh green chillies. It can be cooked with fresh chicken which is delicious and instant.
500g Cooked Chicken Tikka (use Chicken Tikka guide)
| || 2 Medium Onions (250g) || |
| || 2 Medium Garlic Cloves || |
| || 8-10g Ginger || |
| || 10 Finger Green Chillies (sliced in halves) || |
| || 5 cherry tomatoes || |
| || 1/2 Small Green Pepper || |
| || 11 tbsp Veg/Olive Oil || |
| || 1/2 tsp Turmeric || |
| || 6 tsp (40g) Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste|| |
| || 1 tsp (7g) Mr Huda's Tikka Paste|| |
| || 3/4 tsp Chilli Powder|| |
| || Fresh Coriander || |
1st Stage (Puree):
1. Cut 11/2 onions into 1/4's, cut 3 tomatoes into 1/4's, chop the green pepper, ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, 2 green chillies and a little coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around 200/ 250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15-20 mins) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and slowly fry until golden.
3. Add the rest of the onion (finely sliced) and the rest of the tomatoes (chopped) with some salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
4. Add the Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, Mr Huda's Tikka Paste and the chilli powder and cook for 2-3 mins (stirring continuously).
5. Add the ready blended puree with a little warm water (around 125ml) and on full heat bring to boil then cook for around 5-6 mins (covered and stirring ccasionally).
6. Add the chicken, then leave to simmer for around 20-25 mins (covered, and stirring occasionally).
7. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped coriander and the rest of the green chillies (sliced in halves) and cook for further 6-7 mins or until the required moisture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce) then leave to settle for 15-20 mins before serving.
Chef's top tips: