|Do you want Chicken Vindaloo with that unique British Indian Restaurant quality and taste? Then simply follow the instructions below for success every time...|
VERY HOT dish cooked with fresh Green Chillies and lots of Chilli Powder! - be careful... you have been warned! :-)
500g Boneless Chicken (cut into small cubes)
| || 1½ Medium Onions (300g) || |
| || 2 medium Potatoes (cut into quarters)|| |
| || 8-10g Fresh Ginger || |
| || 3 Medium Garlic Cloves || |
| || 2 Finger Green Chilli cut lengthways in halve|| |
| || 5 medium tomatoes || |
| || ½ Small Green Pepper || |
| || 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil || |
| || ½ tsp Turmeric || |
| || 7 tsp (40g) Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste|| |
| || 5 level tsp Chilli Powder (optional)|| |
| || 1 tsp Coriander Powder || |
| || 4 Green Cardamom || |
| || 3 Bay Leaves || |
| || Fresh Coriander || |
1st Stage (Stock):
1. Cut 1 onion into ¼'s, cut tomatoes into ½'s, chop the green pepper, ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, 2 green chillies and the ground coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp Oil, ¼ tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around 200-250ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15-20 minutes) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
2nd Stage (Curry):
1. Heat 2 tbsp of Oil (moderate heat) in a medium sized sauce pan with the Green Cardamom and Bay Leaves.
2. Add the rest of the garlic cloves (crushed) and gently fry until golden.
3. Add rest of the onions (finely sliced) with a little salt and cook to soften (stirring regularly).
4. Add Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste, Chilli Powder and the Potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes (stirring regularly).
5. Add the ready blended stock and the Chicken with some warm water (around 125-150ml) and on full heat bring to boil and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes (covered and stirring occasionally) or until the desired texture is achieved (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
6. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped coriander and leave the curry to settle for 10-15 minutes before serving. Remove any excess oil before serving..