Chickpea Salad is a spicy Indian Salad... This is a substantial Salad by itself but also goes well along with Naan bread. Depending on ones choice, mix and match the ingredients and why not try this main meal Salad...Enjoy!
Olive Oil - 6 Tbsp
| ||Garlic Cloves minced - 2|| |
| ||Red Chillies sliced - 2|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds coarsely powdered - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Chickpeasdrained and rinsed - 800g|| |
| ||Tomatoes chopped - 3|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 3 to 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Naan Bread - 1|| |
| ||Salad ingredients|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves/Cilantro chopped - about a handful|| |
| ||Cucumber cut into sticks - 1|| |
| ||Red Onion sliced - 1|| |
| ||Baby Spinach - 100g|| |
• Heat Oil in a pan on low heat, add Garlic, Chillies and Cumin Seeds. Fry on low heat for few minutes till it gives out a nice aroma.
• Then add the Chickpeas and fry for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the grill on high.
• Back to the pan, add the Tomatoes, Lemon Juice to the Chickpeas. Set this aside.
• Now brush the Naan bread with some Oil and grill on both the sides until crisp. Tear into bite sized pieces.
• Next toss together the Salad ingredients and divide among the plates.
• Top this with the Chickpeas and the Naan bread pieces.