Chilli Paneer is a spicy dish served as a starter. Paneer being plain tastes delicious with this hot Capsicum flavoured sauce. This can be eaten as it is or even with Fried Rice or Veg Noodles.
Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
| ||Cornflour - 4 Tbsp|| |
| ||Oil - 2 Tbsp + for deep frying|| |
| ||Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies chopped - 3|| |
| ||Onions chopped - about 1 Cup|| |
| ||Red and Green Peppers chopped - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Pepper powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Soya Sauce - 2 Tbsp|| |
| ||Chilli Sauce - 1 Tbsp|| |
| ||Ajinomoto - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Vegetable Stock - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Water|| |
| ||Spring Onions for garnishing|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves/ Cilantro chopped for garnishing|| |
• Firstly thaw and cut the Paneer in the desired shape.
• Roll this Paneer in Cornflour and deep fry them in hot Oil.
• Fry them till only the edges start to turn brown in colour. Then take them out of Oil and set aside on a paper towel.
• Mix the remaining Cornflour in some Water and keep it aside.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Garlic and fry for a minute.
• Then add Green Chillies, Onions, Peppers and saute for few more minutes.
• Then add fried Paneer and the Stock. Mix well.
• Lateron add the Pepper powder, Soya Sauce, Chilli Sauce, Ajinomoto and Salt. Mix well.
• Lastly add the Cornflour paste and mix on high heat. Cook until all the Paneer is coated well.
• Garnish with some Spring Onions and Coriander Leaves / Cilantro and serve hot!