Derived from the Mediterrean Sea, Costa Coarse Sea Salt has been obtained by the simple and natural evaporation of water aided by the warm sun and wind. It is one of the vital components of taste.
Salt is one of the most effective and widely used seasonings as it binds flavours together and accentuates them. It reduces the bitterness and acidity, whilst bringing out the other flavours of the food.
Use Costa Coarse Sea Salt in its natural from the drum for cooking, and mill in a salt grinder for table use:
• A little salt rubbed in pork before grilling adds colour to the skin and a wonderful crispy coating.
• Pour a fine layer of salt on a baking tray and place a whole fish on top. Cover the top of the fish with another fine layer of salt and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked. Delicious!
• To keep salad crisp, toss in a little salt prior to serving.
• Rub a chicken inside and out prior to roasting to improve its flavour.
• Place peeled pears, apples and potatoes into lightly salted water to maintain their colour.
• Help draw out impurities in the skin, detoxify the body and stimulate natural circulation by adding 50g salt to bath water.
• Remove onion smells from your hands by rubbing them with salt moistened with vinegar.