Derived from the Mediterrean Sea, Costa Fine Sea Salt has been obtained by the simple and natural evaporation of water aided by the warm sun and wind. It is one of the vital components of taste.
Salt is one of the most effective and widely used seasonings as it binds flavours together and accentuates them. It reduces the bitterness and acidity, whilst bringing out the other flavours of the food.
Costa Fine Sea Salt is ideal for both kitchen and table use:
• A tiny pinch of salt added to boiling water when cooking vegetables will add flavour, help retain nutrients and reduce the cooking time.
• Salt sprinkled on citrus fruit, melons and tomatoes can enhance their flavour.
• Moisten the rim of a glass with lemon or lime and dip into salt, slightly twisting the glass, to add that professional touch to a cocktail.
• Remove stubborn tea and coffee stains inside cups and mugs by rubbing them with salt.
• For brighter chopping boards, rub with a damp cloth dipped in salt after washing.
• Use salt on red wine stains. Blot up as much of the spillage as possible and cover the rest with salt. Wash or vacuum as usual.
• For a facial, mix equal parts of salt and olive oil and gently massage the face. Relax for 5 minutes and wash off.
• Salt water helps to soothe skin irritations and helps the body's natural healing processes. Enjoy a warm, salt bath!