Kumar's Dahl Sauce: a curry which is often eaten in India as a side dish and usually made with lentils. This delicious curry contains coriander, mustard seed, turmeric and asafoetida, curry leaves, tamarind and coconut milk.
Medium/Hot - India
500g lentils of your choice
| ||Kumar's Dahl Sauce|| |
| ||200g pepper|| |
| ||700g green cabbage or French Beans or bag of ready-to-cook Oriental stir-fry vegetables|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Clove - 1 (crushed)|| |
| ||Salt and Pepper|| |
| ||Rice - 200g|| |
| ||Fish or meat curry of your choice, enough for 4 persons (to be cooked and served separately)|| |
• Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the packet. Depending on the type of lentils you have chosen, this will take between 20 minutes and one hour.
• While the lentils are cooking, trim and halve the French beans, or slice the cabbage into strips 1cm wide.
• Add the pot of Dahl Sauce to the lentils and leave the mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes.
• Start preparing the meat or fish dish you have chosen to accompany the dahl.
• Cook the Rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• While the Meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Serve the Vegetables, Rice, Meat / Fish dish and Dahl separately.