Fig & Date burfi is a nutritious dessert. Here both Figs and Dates along with some Nuts are cooked together and formed into the desired shapes. It's a good way of eating nuts in tasty form and of course non messy!
2 - 4 hours
Dried Figs - ½ Cup
| ||Pitted dates - ½ Cup|| |
| ||Almonds chopped - About 10|| |
| ||Cashewnuts chopped - About 6|| |
| ||Pistachios chopped - About 6|| |
| ||Ghee - ¼ Cup|| |
• Soak dried Figs in two Cups of Water for about three hours.
• Drain and grind it into a puree. Add Water only if required.
• Then chop the Dates and place them in hot Water for about 15 minutes. Grind this also into a puree using very little Water.
• Now heat Ghee in a pan, add both the purees and cook on medium heat stirring continuously. Cook until all the excess moisture is dried up.
• Now add the nuts and mix well. Continue to cook further for 10min or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
• Now spread on a greased tray, once it cools cut into desired shapes and serve.