2 tbsps cooking oil
| ||1/2 tsp black mustard seeds|| |
| ||1/2 tsp cumin seeds|| |
| ||1 large onion, finely sliced|| |
| ||3 dried red chillies, coarsely chopped|| |
| ||12 fenugreek seeds|| |
| ||20g coriander leaves, finely chopped|| |
| ||1 tsp ground turmeric|| |
| ||275g carrot, peeled and cut into bean-sized strips|| |
| ||275g French beans || |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||1 tsp ground cumin|| |
1. Heat oil over medium heat and add mustard seeds.
2. As soon as they begin to pop, remove pan from heat and add cumin seeds, onions, red chillies and fenugreek.
3. Return to heat and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add coriander leaves and turmeric and fry for another minute.
5. Add the carrots, beans and salt. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
6. Cover the pan and cook on the lowest heat until the beans and carrots are tender (about 20 mins), stirring occasionly.
7. Add the cumin, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
Suitable for vegetarians.