Gobi Manchurian is a famous Indo-Chinese dish. They are Cauliflower Fritters in spicy Sauce. This dish can be either dry or wet based. Dry Gobi Manchurian can be served as starters or a wet one as a side dish for Rice. Here the fried Cauliflower Floret along with flavourful Sauce strikes a nice balance of sweet + tangy + spicy effect... Ummm yum yum!!!
Cauliflower cut into bite sized Florets - 500gms
| ||Gram Flour (Besan) - ½ cup|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Corn Flour - ½ cup|| |
| ||Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Green Chilli Paste - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Soya sauce: 1 tsp for Flour Paste, 2 tbsp for Sauce|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Onion finely chopped - 1 small|| |
| ||Tomato Ketchup - 4 tsp|| |
| ||Chopped Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) or Spring Onions for garnishing|| |
• Cook Cauliflower for about 5 minutes until tender in pan of boiling Water. Drain, pat dry with a towel and set aside.
• Next mix together Gram Flour, Corn Flour, Ginger Garlic Paste, Chilli Paste, Soya Sauce and Salt with some Water to form a thick Batter.
• Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat. Dip each Cauliflower Floret in the Batter and fry till it becomes crispy. Lay them on a tissue paper to drain the excess Oil.
• Heat a teaspoon of Oil in a pan, sauté the Onions till golden brown.
• Next add Tomato Ketchup and Soya Sauce to the Onions and mix well (add 1/3 cup of Water if you want to make it wet version)
• Add the fried Cauliflower and mix well until it's coated with the Sauce.
Garnish with Cilantro or Spring Onions and serve hot!